The Company regards good health and safety practices as an integral part of our business.
It is therefore our policy to meet our obligations in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and shall take all reasonable and practicable measures to meet the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992.
It is our aim to provide insofar as is reasonably practicable a safe and healthy workplace to prevent injury and to provide protection from foreseeable harm for all its employees, project related personnel, visitors and members of the general public who come into contact with the Company and any of its undertakings.
All our employees are issued with the correct PPE to carry out their assigned tasks/projects.
Window & Door general policies:
- To provide adequate control of health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for all employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their task, and to provide adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill-health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise our policies, as necessary, at regular intervals
Risk Assessment & Method Statements:
Window & Door’s Risk Assessments and Method Statements for each activity are carried out and tailored to each site before commencement of any works.
These Statements include for the individual site-work detail of safe working practices, including Safe Waste Disposal, Safe Use Of Tools, COSHH, Manual Handling, Electricity Safety, Working At Height, Fire Safety, Safety Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment (hard hats, harnesses etc), Adverse Weather Conditions, Lighting, any risks present and our method of safe working on a particular site.
Formal asbestos surveys are required before any works are undertaken.
The WD Group has a number of commercial divisions, please click on any image to find our more.
The WD Group, Unit T Riverside Industrial Estate,
Atherstone Street, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 3RW
Tel. 01827 281139 Fax. 01827 254981
Company No. 3737054